Thursday, September 24, 2026

Kitchen, Teeth and Monsta X

 


So my renovation got moved back two weeks. It starts on Oct 12 instead of Sept 28. But they're telling me that they can have it done in three weeks which will be fascinating to see. But ... they start on 10/12. I go to Chicago on 12/14 to see Monsta X in concert. My first K-Pop concert, and the men that helped save my sanity when my daughter moved to Japan and I had to deal with an empty nest.

I'm staying overnight in Chicago because the very next day I have my 3 month post-op on my dental surgery. This post-op is important because they put the titanium screws in and make the final, final adjustments to the implants including filling in the holes. And then (blessed be!) I can finally go off this stupid soft food diet and eat salads and apples again. And bacon. And a pork chop.

Then next day (12/16), I have my pre-op appointment with my knee surgeon and then later have my first mosaic class (it's a Zoom class and they send you a package with all the tools and necessities).

12/17 I have nothing planned.

12/18 My sister arrives.

12/19 I have surgery.

Anyway, the contractor and the carpenter have come by. We had to change my plans for the appliance garage. It needs to be tucked in a corner by the fridge so we're building cabinetry to surround the fridge and appliance display. I realized after they left that they were expanding closed cabinets in the kitchen and I am a fan of open cabinets. So doors off the appliance display and the coffee bar needs open shelving and not a cabinet. I did not buy all these colorful appliances to hide them.

Anyway, I'm basically feeling like a project manager for my own renovation. And adding in teeth and knee replacement and a mosaic class ... I'm fucking insane. But damn it's going to be so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment