Thursday, September 10, 2026

I Knee'd Surgery

 

I went to an Orthopedic appointment because my knees have been crap for over twenty years. Standard appointment. I assumed they'd tell me to lose weight, get injections ... the usual.

What happened: Nurse Practitioner came in and said "girl, you have some of the worst knees we've seen. When do you want surgery?"

So I'm having surgery 5 days after I see Monsta X in concert, in the middle of a total home renovation. And what I never expected: it's an outpatient procedure. Surgery in the am ( 30 - 60 minute surgery). Wake up and get out of bed with a PT monitoring. Go back to bed. Have second round with PT and then go home.

Three weeks of home care. Nurse comes to the house twice a week to check knees and change bandages. PT comes to house three times a week. Then 3 week post op and continuing PT (at the PT center). 

Will wait 3 - 6 months and then get the right knee done. I'm in shock. In joy. In amazement. There might honestly be a future for me without pain. Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Fingers crossed it'll go great and you'll be living your best pain free life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is GREAT news indeed! All fingers crossed for a smooth surgery and recovery, and a helluva lot less pain for you.

    ReplyDelete