Wednesday, March 6, 2024

I'm an April Fool

 There is so much going on. Work is like a dumpster fire and everybody has fire hoses but they're aimed everywhere but at the flames. (3 employees left: 1 is on personal leave. That leaves 1 new person who is untrained and 1 person who is just not that good and messes up almost everything she touches).

Which means, for your intrepid heroine, a lot of emails asking me to get things done that I don't have time to do. Do I care? Not especially. When I do a great job I'm treated about the same as when I fuck up so... whatever. I'm not putting my mental health on the line for a job.

And also ... I'm moving. First or second week next month I'm leaving my sweet, little apartment for another one in the complex that has no stairs. It will probably be a hike in rent (they haven't raised my rent since I moved in) and I'll lose my pretty views but I'll gain so much more.

More privacy. A small little yard (all stones but I can put a chair outside for reading or hanging with the cats). Closer to the laundry, garbage and mail. Doesn't have the foot traffic that a corner apartment next to the stairs has, No walkway directly in front of my windows.

And you all know I'm a freak about decorating so this time I can approach the move differently. I can plan to decorate as I move in. Learn from some mistakes. Repeat the successes.

Honestly the timing is really something. But it'll never be right. But I need the change. And I really need easier access to the laundry. 

Anyway, that's what's happening with that. I really have to commend Ms. Az with her Kellogg's post on her blog. It's every piece of information needed and she summarizes everything important about why the boycott, how the boycott and especially, why it has every chance of affecting change.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so nice! I hope you'll be very happy with the change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the move is great news; not convenient, time-wise, but great news in all other ways: less effort on your knees, more privacy, quieter, more restful. All fingers crossed the rent hike isn't too horribly painful, and that you have enough help with your things to make at least getting them out of one place and in the other a quick (or quick-ish) process.

    Work: boy, do I hear you here! We want to do everything for everyone, but we get little to no recognition--even in kudos, let alone in tangible reward--and it's harder and harder when no one else cares.

    So, take care of yourself and your cats, and keep your well-being and your personal goals firmly front and center. Go, Lori!

    ReplyDelete