Monday, January 31, 2022

Mental Health Check In


 

So how are we all doing?

I had a kind of hard weekend because I was overwhelmed with things I felt I needed to get done but also I had a huge need to chill and let some stress leave my body. I wasn't very successful at either. 

But today I woke a little late (probably because I didn't fall asleep until around 3 or 4 am) and my equilibrium was, well, equal. I still have a bunch of things I want/need to get done but I don't have the need to get them done NOW!! I need a lot more sleep and relaxation and that will happen.

So the difference between this weekend and today became awareness. I woke up this morning aware that I had placed myself in a pickle of contrary needs and created my own struggle in this instance. Quick story: I bought a small pack of country style ribs. Separated into baggies: one had 2 ribs and one had 3. I took the 2 rib pack out to make for dinner. Looked up on Google the best was to cook them and everyone was talking about a 3 hour slow cook. Well I was hungry and didn't have 3 hours to slow cook ribs so I made something else. Then this morning I woke up, sat up in bed and thought "why would you slow cook 2 small ribs for 3 hours? That makes no sense. Pan fry the damned things with the Cajun seasoning and enjoy."

That's what I mean by making things more difficult for myself. Can't think common sense when your brain is making things hard for you.

Anyway, this is all to say that awareness sure helps when the brain is mis-firing. Doesn't mean you can fix it, just means you can understand and not let it get too deeply inside.

Love you guys. Hope your brains are working with you today.

1 comment:

  1. Brain idling in neutral, not engaging any time soon... bugger it!

    How were the ribs? And dont'worry, I do stuff like that all the time - leave it for later only to remember there is an easier solution, if I take the time to think about it.

    Sigh.

    BIG HUGS xx

    ReplyDelete