Sunday, April 12, 2020

Sparking Some Motherfucking Joy in This Time of Corona

Smart Bitches, Smart Choices

So Carolyn sent me this link today from Smart Bitches and this is among the reasons that Carolyn is my BFF, BWB and BXYZ all rolled up into one. She knows me. I mean, she KNOWS me.

So to summarize: instead of using this time in quarantine to try and accomplish things and cross off items on a to-do list, this is the time to acknowledge that many of us can't make our brains co-operate so instead of trying to create, organize to create instead.

It's a fucking wonderful idea. I love it.

I know I'm not going to start any new projects right now. I have a few almost finished quilts/hangings that I can finish (slowly) but there are others that I'm stuck on. So instead I've decided to start 'project bags'. Using the idea that she discussed in Smart Bitches.

My knitting is still rudimentary although I find it wonderfully peaceful to do. So I have a pattern for a simple shawl which I'll choose some yarn and put together for when I'm ready to knit. There's a simple hat pattern that I'd like to try.

I'm also going to start organizing fabric for quilts.

And... a reading list. Why not do it all? Go though the TBR pile and make a list of the books and authors and blurbs and get that together for future reviews? LOVE IT!!! 

This appeals to my creative but super stressed out self. It gets me on track to be ready to create and maybe even create when the urge hits but to organize sparks extreme joy.

Happy me. Thank you Carolyn.

Oh, and btw: I've started having a nightly nightcap. A large shot of Kalua, a dash of heavy cream, a half cup of milk, a squirt of chocolate syrup mixed and then add ice. It's a decadent, adult chocolate milk. So yummy. And one that I think Carolyn's sister has already discovered but Carol doesn't realize that it's spiked. Ha ha!

Life is brilliant even in quarantine.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun times at Casa de Lori. I'll have one of those shakes to go, thanks ;)

    Love that Carolyn sent you something to bring such joy. If she could send me Henry Cavill, well, the joy will be endless - wink wink...

    Kidding.

    Maybe.

    Anywho, it's good to have soemthing to do, even if it's something to help you get something else done later. If that makes sense... Either way, have fun. Oh and enjoy the shake xx

    ReplyDelete